Floyd Community Market
The Floyd Community Market is a 3,000 square-foot timber frame multi-use pavilion located adjacent to The Station in downtown Floyd. Home to the Farmers and Artisans Markets, the space was a collaboration between 40 people and many local companies. The Farmers Markets supplies locally-produced foods including fresh produce, clean meats and poultry, cheeses and herbs, flowers, baked goods and more. At the Artisans Markets you will find jewelry, clothing, candles, hand-built and thrown pottery, soaps, photography, primitive dolls and art, teas and herbal remedies, musical instruments and more. Help support Floyd’s farmers, food producers, and artisans by patronizing the Floyd Community Market!
To create a vibrant, regionally unique market and gathering place where the public connects with local farmers, artisans and other producers thereby fostering community support of sustainable agriculture and the local rural economy.
- Prioritize, in all decision-making, the interests of local, sustainable agriculture.
- Provide an accessible, profitable venue for small-scale businesses that produce and distribute their products locally.
- Present a diversity of the highest quality local vendors and handmade products in a vibrant marketplace.
- Encourage environmentally, economically, and socially sustainable practices in organizational and vendor operations.
- Foster community involvement in the organization via SustainFloyd.
- Create an environment for our community to gather and participate in local culture and commerce.